This morning I ran 7.25 miles and did a core and weights workout. After all of that I came home completely starving and tired.
In the cup ( I LOVE oats in cups or jars) is pumpkin, steel-cut oats, almond milk, agave nectar, peanut butter and puffins
Dinner tonight was a chicken salad with corn and black beans. Not pictured was a 50 calorie tortillas from la tortilla factory.
I decided that I am going to make two nutritional goals a week. The reason for this is because lately the food I have been eating has been nutritional, but has been ruined with snacks. That is why my two goals for this week are…..
1. No other drinks this week except water
The reason for this is the added sugar in my drinks. I only like coffee that is sweet and some cream always has to go in it for me to drink it, so the calories and sugar add up quickly:(
2. Only two tablespoons of peanut butter
This may seem like an unusual goal, but it is the one food I have a problem controlling. I usually do not portion it out because I do not want to know how much I eat. I realize that causes me to overeat and get a stomach ache.
What are a couple goals you could make to improve your lifestyle?
I made my brother take me to whole foods and trader joes today! Now that is my kind of shopping:)
I basically just bought energy bars, peanut butter, cereal, and organic fruit strips. I also got the cutest little grinder that pushes out coffee, sugar, and dark chocolate. It will be perfect to sprinkle over my oatmeal in the morning!
I love OIAJ! Not only is it EXTREMELY filling, but it is also portable:)
Pumpkin OIAJ Recipe
- You need to have an almost empty jar of peanut butter(plastic or glass both work)
- Next you need to cook the oats in a bowl, I cooked mine in the microwave
- I used…….
1/2 cup of steel cut oats
2 teaspoons of agave nectar
1/2 cup of canned pumpkin puree
3/4 cup of almond milk
Dash of cinnamon, salt, and pumpkin spice
4. Wait for the oats to cool from the microwave and pour into the almost empty peanut butter jar!
5. Scarf that puppy down
Ok its only what I ate for lunch……I gobbled my breakfast down before even thinking about the camera;)
Lunch was half a turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread, black bean soup, and an apple(with PB).
The recipe for my quick black bean soup is………
- 1/2 cup of black beans
- 2 tablespoons of almond milk(or milk of choice)
- 1/8 cup of corn
- 1/8 cup of red tomatoes
- a couple of jalapenos chopped up(depending on taste)
Mix together all the ingredients and nuke for 45 seconds.
– I was not very hungry around 3:3o so I had a mini clif bar and a cup of water
– Dinner was a chicken, black bean, and corn burrito. I had a side spinach salad with mushrooms and red pepper dressing
These foods are a necessity for me or else a trip to Whole Foods and Trader Joes will be in my future:)
- These are delicious and only have 3% of your daily value of carbs!
Normally I do not like very sweet things, but a dollop of this in oatmeal or a spoonful when I have a sugar craving (PMS) tastes AMAZING!